Thursday, March 4, 2010

:-)



I started out my morning with a run through Georgetown. It was kind of a run for two purposes, I needed to get pictures of window displays so I could finish one of my projects this morning and also to get some exercise. I'm glad I've got one project out of the way. I also got some pretty picture's of the Potomac River. It was cold and windy but an absolutely beautiful day. :-)

After I went on a search for Micheal's to get some art supplies for some of my projects. Since I know there isn't one in walking distance I decided to drive. This is literally the second time I've driven in the last 2 months that we've lived here. That still seems so weird since I used to drive everywhere. I really like walking places though, it's just so easy. No worrying about parking, or paying for it, or getting gas. It's wonderful. :-) Back to my point, I got a little side tracked.

I decided to just drive around to try to find the Micheal's and ended up finding an adorable little German grocery store. When I first drove up I thought it was just going to be one of those little German restaurants that sell..."authentic German food" that's well not really authentic at all. But I gave them a chance anyways and walked in. It was like walking into a German grocery store. I called my Mom right away and told her about the Gem I found in the city. I really wish she could have been here to go in with me but I'll just test out all the products until she comes to visit. :-)



This is their business card.



The wonderful things I ended up walking out with were: Gelbwurst, Landjager, Bauern Brot (Bread), and Schweinebraten.(Gravy for pork)

When I got home I had a second lunch because I couldn't wait to eat a Gelbwurst sandwich. :-)



After all of that I just couldn't help but take a study break to make more Spaetzle, pork, and broccoli for dinner. I asked Andy if Spaetzle two weeks in a row was too much and he said "no way, you can never have Spaetzle too much." That makes me happy, I'm glad he likes them as much as I do.

Tomorrow I'm using the leftovers to make another meal that my Mommy was telling me about today. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey....thanks for the comment! :0) Now you know why I don't have any clothes. You'd die if you saw my closet! Because to be skinny you have to buy expensive clothes it seems like!! I wanted you to check out a blog that I follow...she makes jewelry and such...I think you'd really get a kick out of it. She's very talented!
    www.the-still-waters.blogspot.com Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

 

J & A in DC! Copyright © 2009 Designed by CLO's Dizain | Premium Wp Themes | Premium Wp Themes | Icon Sets
Free Blogger Templates | Free Blogger Templates. Blogger Templates by Blogger Templates and Blogger Templates