Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mexican Quiche: Quick and Easy!



Step 1: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Step 2: Put pre-made pie crust into pie pan and fold over edges. Poke bottom of pie pan with a fork. (I either buy the Safeway brand or Pillsbury depending on which one is on sale at the time.)

Step 3: Bake pie crust for 10 minutes.




Step 4: Get out my handy-dandy recipe notebook for the filling recipe. (I've been collecting recipes for a long time and if I like them I put them in this notebook so when I want to make it it's easy to find.)



Step 5: Saute ham, green peppers and onions.




Step 6: Mix 4 eggs, 1 can cheddar cheese soup, 1/2 a cup of whipping cream, and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.



Step 7: Chop jalapenos. (We like them HOT)



Step 8: Mix all fresh ingredients (ham, onions, green peppers, and jalapenos) into mixture in bowl. (cheddar cheese, whipping cream, eggs, cheddar cheese soup)



Step 9: Pour mixture into partially baked pie crust. (I like to add extra shredded cheddar cheese to the top, it browns nicely and gives it a little extra texture.)



Step 10: Enjoy your quick and easy dinner! (It can also be served with salsa)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

J & A in DC! Copyright © 2009 Designed by CLO's Dizain | Premium Wp Themes | Premium Wp Themes | Icon Sets
Free Blogger Templates | Free Blogger Templates. Blogger Templates by Blogger Templates and Blogger Templates