Saturday, March 6, 2010

The first step is admitting you have a problem....



So here I go...
I have an addiction to Georgetown Cupcakes , cupcakes. Whew...that wasn't so bad. ;-)

Yesterday while at work I thought it would be a great day for a cupcake of the day at Georgetown Cupcakes.

I joined Twitter a few weeks ago just so I would get the update on what the free cupcake of the day is.

So anyways, since I do have the internet on my phone I decided well heck, why not just check twitter and find out what the flavor is so I can walk over and get one. To my surprise, I have forgotten my password to my Twitter account. Seriously I have all of my passwords written down for everything and this is exactly why. I forget ALL of my passwords that I ever create. If it wasn't for continue to stay logged in options on websites I would have to look this stuff up every day.

Instead of saying...I probably don't need to eat a cupcake anyways. I decided to call or really text for backup. I text a couple of friends to see if they could find out what the flavor of the day was. Of course because I had tried numerous times to log into Twitter, with a bad password my phone was almost dead. I decided I should still try. About 15 minutes later...one of my friends from school text me back with the flavor! Woo-Hoo!

There I was on my merry way to pick up my delicious FREE cinnamon cupcake. I was also asked to pick up a coffee and I figured I should get a tea that I could enjoy with my cupcake.

They ran out of bags so I ended up having to carry a box with my cupcake in it plus two hot beverages back to the store. I walked about 10 feet before I spilled hot coffee all down the front of my WHITE jacket. Oh boy! I had at least three more blocks to walk back to the store but I decided I might as well just keep going instead of stopping and getting napkins from somewhere.

Back in the store I walked in with my goodies and my coffee covered jacket. I went in the back and cringed because I knew this was going to be the end of my lovely white jacket. I got a paper towel from the roll and wiped the coffee...holy cow, what did the dry cleaner use on this jacket last time it got dry cleaned because it literally just wiped up and didn't leave one little spot.

This is when I knew that I might have a little cupcake addiction but I decided that it was A'Okay because everything worked out just fine.

It was delicious btw. I didn't even give the cupcake a chance to have it's picture taken before devouring the entire thing in three bites. Maybe I'll go back next week, but skip the coffee. Yeah...that's probably a good idea. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

J & A in DC! Copyright © 2009 Designed by CLO's Dizain | Premium Wp Themes | Premium Wp Themes | Icon Sets
Free Blogger Templates | Free Blogger Templates. Blogger Templates by Blogger Templates and Blogger Templates