Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday :-)








I love Sunday mornings because Andy and I don't have to rush to do anything. Well...at least not this Sunday. We got up late today, 8am! It really feels amazing to sleep in. We got on our WiiFit, made some coffee and oatmeal and are enjoying sitting around for a couple of hours before I have to get ready for work. On sundays, I'm the only manager from 11:30-7. I like this shift because it gives me a chance to really strengthen my managerial skills.

While I'm at work Andy will be getting some things done around the house and spending some time relaxing. He has long hours during the week. (He's been working almost 12 hour days.) Being a first year attorney is a lot of hard work, but I'm so proud of him! I think it works out for right now anyways because my schedule has been so hectic too. I worked 30 hours this week, had 16 hours of classes and usually in between classes am doing homework. So this way neither of us is sitting at home alone, which I think is a good thing!

So let me tell you about our Saturday. I worked from 9:30-3, when I got off I got on the bus and made my way home.

Side note: I've become a pro at riding the bus and don't mind it at all. The only thing that was kind of bad was Friday night when I got off work late, I had to wait for the bus outside for 30 min. I met another young couple so we chatted until it came. Luckily the bus stop is literally in front of my store doors so I don't have to go far. (See Mom, it's on a busy street with lots of people so I'm safe.)

So when I got home Andy and I decided that we would go on a walk around the city. It was such a beautiful day and we had to take advantage of it! :-) We walked all around DC. Started at our apartment and made our way to Theodore Roosevelt Island. It was really muddy though so we turned around and got back on the sidewalk. We ended up walking through the National Mall, through Georgetown, over the Key Bridge and back home. It ended up being a really great 2 hour walk, but towards the end it started getting cold and neither of us had on the most comfortable shoes for a long walk. Of course pictures were taken so here they are. :-)

Today was also the day that we were supposed to be social. After our walk we cooked dinner and just snuggled on the couch for a while to warm up from our walk. A girl from work invited us to go to a party her friend was having and Andy and I WERE going to go but ended up deciding that snuggling is much better than partying and that we didn't know if we could handle college parties anymore anyways. This has been our third invite out and the third that we ended up not doing. So our goal of being more social once moving here isn't really working out. Next time we will do it! We are hoping next time it will be to go to a bar or something more age appropriate for us. :-)

So our being social last night was watching our show "How I Met Your Mother". HaHa, we were joking about how we were going to tell people about hanging out with our friends: Lilly, Ted, Marshall, Barney, and Robin. HaHa They are all characters from the show and so far our only friends that we can committee to hanging out with in DC. It's hard to be social when you already have your best friend there with you all the time and wearing your PJ's is acceptable.

That's all for now!
J&A

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing as fun as curling up on the couch with a meal and a movie with your best buddy! I'll take a night in over a night out partying any day! Boy....you are getting old! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

 

J & A in DC! Copyright © 2009 Designed by CLO's Dizain | Premium Wp Themes | Premium Wp Themes | Icon Sets
Free Blogger Templates | Free Blogger Templates. Blogger Templates by Blogger Templates and Blogger Templates