So this weekend was a lot of fun. Saturday night was our double date with Leanne and Dave. (Leanne is one of the girls that I work with on the weekend, she has a full time job during the week so she really just comes on the weekend to have a little fun and make a little extra money.) We met at Ella's Pizzeria on 9th street. It only took Andy and I a short walk to the metro station, a quick metro ride, and then walking another block to the restaurant. (I love how simple it is to go places here!) It was a really cute restaurant. I love all the vibrant colors they used on the walls and the interesting art that they displayed throughout. Andy and I split an orange and baby beet salad and the Genovese pizza, which had pesto, potatoes, prosciutto and Parmesan on it. It was so delicious!
Dinner went really well. Leanne and I knew we would get along since we've been working together for a couple of weekends now, but we weren't sure how the guys would get along. After finding out from the beginning that they were most likely going to be working together, they got along beautifully. It was a pretty great little coincidence. Conversation flowed easily, we talked about our our families and fun things that we have each done. We realized how many things the four of us had in common. Seriously we had A LOT in common! We ended up going to another restaurant called Clyde's and socialized some more.
It was getting late so we decided that it was time to go our separate ways and head back home. We have already talked about hanging out again. We decided it would be fun to have them over to our apartment and that I would cook my favorite German meal for the four of us. Speatzle, Schnizel, and German potato salad. :-) I'll post the recipe some time in the future. I'll have to get the OK from my mom, I want to make sure it's not a secret. HaHa. :-)
Andy and I really wanted to get some snow picture's on our way back and since we were walking from the metro station anyways we had a little photo shoot. (Little is not giving it enough credit, we took over 100 picture's, most of them were taken by Andy, so see...it's not just me. ;-)) So here are some of the picture's. I'm sorry for all the smooching picture's, I love them.
Also, this past week has been a really great week because Andy and I have really figured out a routine that works for us at home. (I act like it took so long, but really we've only been here for 3 weeks.) We both go to bed early and get up early with each other. This way we don't have to do these things alone. Since I'm in class during the week and working on the weekends we are on opposite schedules. Andy got up this weekend with me and would fix my breakfast and pack my lunch. I'm always running late (Or barely on time, hehe) and it's nice not having to worry about those things. So of course today I got up early with Andy. (Even though it's my only day off.) I made him breakfast, (Oatmeal with Cranrainsins.) and fixed him lunch. I think this system really works for us and it makes the morning go a little bit smoother for the person that is heading to work. We are definitely a team and I love it! :-)
Even though I've gone on and on this morning I wanted to add this quick story.
Yesterday I took the bus to work, I got on and the next stop was at the metro station. (This is always the first stop on the bus route.) The bus driver completely stopped the bus, got out and walked into the McDonald's across the street. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Not only did he do that but he closed the door so the people that were waiting for him outside could not get in. I looked at the people that were sitting behind me and was all like, "Did he seriously just walk into that McDonald's??? They confirmed and I felt better that at least I wasn't just seeing things and being crazy. I mean seriously, it's not like we catch the bus to sit at the metro stop for 10 minutes, while the driver enjoys his breakfast. Hmmmm....I just don't know. It kind of made me chuckle though because it was so random and of course I text-ed Andy to share the story.
haha...the bus driver was the best part of the post. Lol. I can't believe he did that!!! ;0) Too funny!
ReplyDelete